Saturday, March 30, 2013

Butch Quetzidy and the Sundance 'Chid

One of my lifelong fantasies is to live in that bygone age of rough-riders, rustlers, rangers, and outlaws in the rootin', tootin' Wild West. I don't know why, I would just love to be part of that era, settling the wild frontier and living the rough-and-tumble life of a cowboy.

So, if I had the opportunity to merge this idea with, say, giant pterosaurs, I would be so much happier. Last year, Mark Witton described what life would be like if we had pterosaurs around, and this particular illustration caught my eye...

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-HAWWWW! Illustration by Mark Witton, from Zazzle (hence the watermark).
Ah, just picture it: swaggering out a dusty saloon, spurs jangling, with a big ol' cowboy hat, boots, and a classy little bolo tie. The Arizona air is hot and dry, the sun beating down as tumbleweeds roll past. And, as the wailing theme to "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" starts to play, you hop on your twenty-foot-tall Quetzalcoatlus and, with one swift motion, you're soaring effortlessly above the badlands into the sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment